Cox Business Internet

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Tue Jul 12 20:28:12 MST 2016

When I switched to Business a tech came out (I think he was a
contractor) and checked some levels.  He explained it but I have since
forgotten what he said.  I recall being close to the limit of not
qualifying.  But is was good enough.  My house was not wired for cox and
there was no port.  They had to run it new when I moved in, in 2010.
There are six houses on the box I connect to and there was only 5 ports.
  I was the last to connect.....

On 2016-07-12 20:18, Michael Butash wrote:
> Back when I worked there early 2000's and took over the network from
> @home, we'd begun, at times forcibly, to get the business services
> installers to refurb the site more than normal contractors might for
> "just video".  Mainly if there were even borderline issues, we pushed
> them to clean things up up front, replacing buried cable with
> conduits, old coax, bad feeders, etc.  Helped a lot when we trained
> them to treat it more like a data circuit than an analog video
> connection where data path sensitivity was far more necessary, and
> seems pretty standard those guys have a good QAM meter when coming
> on-site.
>
> Not sure how it is now for later installs, but I'd like to think good
> habits hold true, especially since internet and video are all data
> connections.
>
> I would think they probably fixed up some of your house cabling when
> moving to business, fix old splitters and direct runs, but really
> nothing upstream with the network changes with going from res to
> business.
>
> If you don't need same day on-site support for an outage on premise,
> or open ports for http/smtp, then residential is often more than
> adequate.
>
> -mb
>

> On 07/12/2016 06:25 PM, Keith Smith wrote:
>>
>> I had consumer Cox for maybe 8 years.  I would occasionally experience
>> some downtime.  I moved to Cox Business maybe 4 years ago.  Less down
>> time.  I work out of my house so the network did not changes, or maybe
>> the immediate network did not change.  I am able to run a server,
>> which I do not... but did for a short time... Long Story....
>>
>> Speed is ok.  Occasionally things will slow.  Who knows why?
>>
>> I cannot tell you if there is any downtime in the middle of the night.
>>
>> Maybe I'll move back to consumer.

Keith Smith