printer opinions

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Wed Jan 27 16:22:47 MST 2016

$300 is the used price.  That's a $1000+ printer new.  I would be scared
of a used printer.  The one you get might have a couple million prints
on it.

I wouldn't recommend to most people to get the same printer I have
unless they have a heavy print load.  I just used it as a good example
of how a more expensive printer and quickly pay for itself.  It would
take $450 worth of toner in a 2000 page yield printer to equal one of my
$59 cartridges.... and my printer is made much better, so it will last
longer too.... but like I said, it doesn't make much sense if you print
so seldom that you only put 1 or 2 cartridges in the printer before you
throw it away and get a new one. (perhaps because your new computer
doesn't have a parallel port on it any more)

Brian Cluff