OT: Who is my Google Calendar Administrator?

Victor Odhner vodhner at cox.net
Tue Jan 26 13:26:20 MST 2016

OK, so one of the windmills that I like to tilt is limiting how much Google knows about me. :)

I do use Google Calendar. I had the “Birthdays” checkbox enabled, and it wished me a happy birthday. I spun through my busy calendar to see how many birthdays are listed, and it’s a tiny handful, I think four people besides myself.

My birthday is on a busy day, so I tried to delete my birthday. Cawn’t be done. I would have to contact the Calendar Administrator, they say. But it doesn’t say who the administrator is for the birthday calendar.

It’s OK, I have simply disabled the Birthday Calendar, which will not be missed. But I’m curious who that mysterious administrator is.

I guess the real answer is, If I gave Google my birthday, where did I do that?