I was thinking of getting a couple of courses for photo editing.

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:48:13 MST 2016

I was  considering one for Gimp
<http://gimpmagazine.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Digital-Arts-and-Design-Master-Class-DVD-Cover.png>
and one for Darktable <http://www.rileybrandt.com/lessons/>. Both are about
$60 apiece and I do not have that kind of money for both of them.

I believe the GIMP course takes you from idiot to advanced while of the
Darktable courses I sampled
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33t7emXCBHkg6a6Ao_ULh7fsgWXg5ua9> it
seems the guy who produced the courses teaches quite well. The audio review
<https://linuxluddites.com/shows/episode-67/> I heard for this course was
 quite positive and from a comment about the review I read  getting a good
review from them is not easy. Apparently they usually say the old way is
better.

I believe I'll get the Darktable tutorial first. But from what i have heard
everything you can do with Darktable you can do with GIMP but the reverse
is not true. Hmmmmm... Any comments?

--