printer opinions

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:30:12 MST 2016

Well for wide format/photos I would have to say the Epson Artisan 1430 is
about the best you will get. However, it will kill with ink you if you use
it up doing text docs.

For black and white, most any of the current 100$ range or fewer printers
is perfect. Doc printing is really simple and easy to do well so any cheap
thing is good. you can also get into cheap B/W Laster printers at that
range. wich is my goal. the longevity and value for laser text are huge.
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Bob Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 10:16:33PM -0700, Stephen Partington wrote:
> > What are you doing with it?
>
> .....duh, print?
>
> Sarcasm aside, mostly text docs with some photographs.
>
> What I would really like to find is a wide format (13 in) with good
> reviews. Found a couple of HPs but w/ so-so reviews.
>
> > On Jan 24, 2016 9:54 PM, "Bob Holtzman" <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > > My old HP gave up the ghost so I'm in the market. Reading the reviews
> it
> > > seems that HP quality has gone down the tubes lately, especially in the
> > > low and mid levels. Epson had decent reviews but 6 ink cartridges? Give
> > > me a break.
> > >
> > > I'd like some opinions from the group on printers in general and HP vs
> > > Epson in particular.
>
> --
> Bob Holtzman
> A man is a man who will fight with a sword or
> conquer Mt. Everest in snow. But the bravest of all
> owns a '34 Ford and tries for six thousand in low.

Stephen