printer opinions

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Sun Jan 24 23:00:48 MST 2016

*I will second Brother Printers MFC line and ADS scanners are second to
nonewe have 5 printers and two scanners and only one repair in the last 5
yearsand work with Windows OSX and Linux but the software is proprietary so
that isthe only draw back. At home I have a MFC-9440CN that I bought used
three years ago*

*it is a color lazer that does not work well for pictures posters ect but
cranks out documents*

*all day for little cost and easy to clean and fix if needed. I also have
brother HL-1440 black and white*

*lazer that is much older and still works perfect and I have only opened it
to add a new toner*

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 10:24 PM, Wayne D <waydavis at centurylink.net> wrote:

> (I) have switched to "Brother" exclusively  (3 lasers, 1 inkjet and a
> ADS-2000 scanner.  They all have performed flawlessly with no jams.
> Inkjets SUCK if you don't use them consistently.  The latent ink in the
> heads and tubes dry out and trash the printer.   If ever I decide (I)
> need color again, (I) will be going color LASER.  Yes, it IS much more
> expensive, BUT at least I won't need to deal with dried out inks.
>
> FLIP SIDE: EPSON inks supposedly are archive quality though and it
> probably will be cheaper to become a heroin addict instead of buying
> ink. Still, their inks I believe are rated 20 or 25 years if printouts
> are stored properly AND 6 cartridges give better color accuracy.
>

> Hope I helped.  ;-)
>

> On 01/24/2016 09:26 PM, Bob Holtzman wrote:
> > My old HP gave up the ghost so I'm in the market. Reading the reviews it
> > seems that HP quality has gone down the tubes lately, especially in the
> > low and mid levels. Epson had decent reviews but 6 ink cartridges? Give
> > me a break.
> >
> > I'd like some opinions from the group on printers in general and HP vs
> > Epson in particular.
> >
> > TIA

Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team