darktable, inkscape, and a watermark

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 13:08:27 MST 2016

I know... that sounds like the beginning of a bad joke!I was looking at the
manual for darktable and see that I can make a watermark with inkscape.
Well, I created the watermark but it isn't how I want it. The way it is now
I have every thing lined up  on it's own individual line. The way I want it
is kinda like my father's great uncle had his seal. His seal was like a rod
that had been stretched out and a spiral put on it. Then that was
encircling the name of his company (from the 1890s) (maybe great-great
uncle). I want the rod thing and then my last name curving along the top of
the inside of the circle.... along the bottom of the inside of the circle
will be the word 'Photography..... and in the middle will be the date.
Could someone tell me what I need to study up on from the inkscape manual
to make this thing??
I have that seal if that makes a difference.
--