Spiffy Ubuntu based Tablet

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Thu Jan 14 11:10:42 MST 2016

On 2016-01-14 10:10, Stephen Partington wrote:
> given the resources and hardware it should run like a champ.

The specifications look reasonable.  It'd probably be able to run
things other than Ubuntu as well, depending on how many evil binary-only
modules are necessary for the hardware bits.

Are there any applications out there for x86 that are usable on a
device with just a touchscreen?  Lots of X11 programs seem to assume
that precision mousing is available, and capacitive touchscreens fail at
that.  It'd probably need a keyboard, at least.  Entering text on
android devices with any of the keyboard widgets I've tried is like
trying to paint while wearing oven mitts.  But bluetooth and a bluetooth
gamepad could mean a nice portable fceu/snes9x/psemu setup, perfect for
long plane trips.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity