Recommended laserjet repair.

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Jan 5 16:36:08 MST 2016

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 16:13:35 -0700
Matt Birkholz <matt at birchwood-abbey.net> wrote:

> Anyone care to recommend a (Lexmark) laserjet repair shop?  Does
> anyone DO that anymore?  How much would you spend to repair a $540
> (now $400!) 5 year old color laserjet?
>
> Y'all are laughing, aren't you?  I took a 10 year old flat screen to
> the Geek Squad recently.  It did not exist in their database(?).  I
> think THEY were laughing as I dragged it back out of the store.

My experience with printer repair facilities, at least since the
1990's, has been it's like bringing your printer to Dr. Kavorkian. Oh,
they'll fix the symptom you brought it in with (maybe), but three
months later it will be dead for some other reason.

For me, once a printer is out of warranty, I look for a repair video on
Youtube, and attempt it myself. Yeah, I might totally break the
printer, but printer repair shops seem to break it every time, usually
with just enough of an "incubation period" so as not to be responsible
for their repair warranty.

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28