compile hugin

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Tue Jan 5 09:36:58 MST 2016

Why don't you just install the packages from the package repositories?

Even if you only have the older 2014.0.0 version available, there really
isn't much difference between the current version and the older one.
Certainly there are no features that someone new to the program would
possible miss, and all this attempts at compiling is keeping you from
getting your task at hand done.
You're more likely to end up with a binary that is missing features or
stitches images horrendously slow.... hugin can easily eat your
computer.  Hugin and Blender are the 2 major programs on my system that
caused me to purchase the monster of a computer that I have.  It's quite
easy to create panoramic images that require the system to have to
process a several hundred Megapixel image.  Doing that can take quite a
long time to finish... sometimes hours or days depending on the
computer.  Having an improperly compiled hugin could easily make that
wait 10 times longer.

Brian Cluff