multiple photos- making sections lighter

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Sat Jan 2 16:00:09 MST 2016

In gimp you would open up your images as layers and then in the layers
window click the little eye next to all of the layers except for the
bottom one.  Then one by one, starting at the next to the last one,
click the eye on the layer to make it visile again.  Then right click on
the image and select "Add Layer Mask".  When the layer mask settings
come up select "Black (Full Transparency)" and that will make the layer
appear to dissappear.  Then all you have to do is use the airbrush or
paint tool (start with the paint tool) to paint white onto the layer
mask, using a fussy brush, and that will cause the features of the layer
to be airbrushed into the picture.

Once done with that layer, just repeate with the rest of the layers
until your satisfied with your image.  If you want to decrease the
amount of the overall effect that any layer applies to your image just
adjust the Opacity slider back and forth till you are happy with the
results.

Brian Cluff