Window 10 vs. Linux

dad pademc1 at cox.net
Mon Feb 1 11:13:25 MST 2016

Does anyone else have this problem?

On my desktop computer I have three hard drives. Drive A is for files,
drive B is for Linux (Mint 17.3), and drive C is for Windows 10. In the
Linux mode, I connect drives A & B, C is disconnected. In Windows mode,
only drive C is connected (I don't trust Windows anywhere near my
permanent files).

On my Windows drive, I was using Win 7. After upgrading to 10, My boot
process for Linux is very complicated. Windows 10 altered my boot
process so that it starts very quickly. When I switch over to Linux, I
have to physically go to the boot menu to choose Linux, if I don't I get
a blank screen.

I have an MSI Z97S SLI Krait edition motherboard. Any ideas how I can
get Linux to boot properly?

--
I'll see you 1 day after the world ends!