cyanogen/LineageOS phone recommendations

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Dec 28 12:43:51 MST 2016

moin moin,

work requires a couple of applications I refuse to install on my personal
phone, so I need a secondary phone.

Any recommendation considering the following?

I would like to go with LineageOS[0] once it's up and running or some other
'as free as practical' Android fork.

I would love a Plasma phone or maybe even an Ubuntu phone, but need to
grab some proprietary apps from the Android app store, so they're not much
of an option for this particular case[1].

I would prefer a phone with a working FM radio.

In general, I prefer Samsung hardware.

Cost is a large factor for this purchase. I will likely be trying to find
someting on the second hand or refurb market. I'm perfectly fine with old
hardware provided I can continue getting software updates.

Currently using t-mobile, but would prefer something with radios for all
the carriers[2].

[0] In the midst of forking from cyanogen now that it has closed down.

http://lineageos.org/Yes-this-is-us/

[1] There is the possibility of buying a new primary phone and making my
current phone the secondary. I presume this option is more expensive than
I can commit to the purchase.

[2] Not that Verizon is an option for me until it stops fighting net
neutrality.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "The important thing is not to stop questioning; curiosity has its own