umount

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Mon Dec 19 11:19:19 MST 2016

External Drives?  I have 3 or 4 of these :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=seagate+backup+plus&N=-1&isNodeId=1
   It comes with windows software and Mac software.  Did not remove
anything.

Just plug in and start transferring files.

These are really nice because they do not have external power supplies.
They use the power from the computer.

Work well. IIRC it comes with some windows software installed.

On 2016-12-17 08:19, Michael wrote:
> it finished with no errors. I then took it to the computer I need
> files off of and it doesn't even see it. I'm going to return the
> stupid thing
>
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Michael <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> it finally finished!
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 3:02 AM, Michael <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering hpow many cycles does it run through? this stupid
>> thing has run almost 4 hours nnow an test 2 patterns! I'm going to
>> bed!
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 1:36 AM, Michael <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Well.... I was having difficultie unmounting an auto-mounteddrive to
>> run badblocks but I figured that out..... anyways so far two passes
>> have completed withno errors. I was thinking that the reason it
>> failed  was because I had unplugged it w umount first/shouldn't it
>> not fail ifI accidently  do that?
>>
>> --

> --

> --