Grey Beards

George Toft george at georgetoft.com
Sat Dec 17 18:32:04 MST 2016

I was hired 10 years ago and the interviewer liked the touch of grey -
he was looking for someone who had experience and the grey implied
wisdom, and that's what he wanted.  As I look around my team, I would
have to say the bell curve is solidly centered around 55.

When I turned 40, that was the kiss of death for IT - that's when I
started my [civilian] IT career.  Like David said - it's a problem only
if you let it.

Regards,

George Toft