Does anyone have...

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at smartm.com
Tue Dec 13 11:11:19 MST 2016

I found this via google:

2.1.6 - What monitors will work with my IIci/IIsi?

The IIsi and IIci, which have the same video subsystem, cannot drive a standard VGA monitor. However, any monitor supporting a 67Hz refresh rate, sync-on-green, and the proper horizontal and vertical refresh rates will work. This includes many Sony monitors and the Apple Portrait Display. Apple's multisync monitors such as the Multiple Scan 15 do NOT support sync-on-green, and will not work properly with the built-in video. The Apple Two-Page Display is also incompatible with built-in video on these two Macs.

Some Mac-to-VGA monitor adapters can properly separate the sync signals of monitors that do not sync on green, thus enabling otherwise incompatible monitors to be used with the IIci or IIsi (at a price, usually around US$50). The Apple Developer Hardware Tech Note #8<http://developer.apple.com/technotes/hw/hw_08.html> has pinout information for the IIci and IIsi DB-15 video ports if you want to make your own adapter.

I was going to say to just wire up a hack (I found the pinout pretty easily via your friend and mine, Google ;-)), but the above makes me think you may have more work than you would expect if you headed this way.

I assume pulling the hard drive out and copying the data isn’t an option? ;-)

Back on the ‘make a cable’ idea, I wonder what color usually has sync? Could you just wire green to that color and live with ridiculous colors but at least see something…

I don’t know the mouse and keyboard pinout, but it looks like any ADB mouse and keyboard should work, assuming my 2 minutes searching turned up the truth (hey, it was on the internet, it must be right, right??? ;-))

Rusty