H1B Visa

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at icloud.com
Tue Dec 13 00:45:19 MST 2016

yeah, right!
I am on the government dole right now (disability).
1. I hate it!
2. because of my disability, its far harder to get work.
3. oh, and I get about $9,048 a year.
4. medicare and medicaid are a freaking joke.
5. nutrition assistance benefits? if you call $100 a month a benefit (and they keep trying to dime and nickel me down more).
6. I have about $3,000 in unpaid medical debt that isn't covered and I still have to pay on it for the next 72 months.
7. AND I am one step above homeless here.

Oh yeah, because I have been unable to acquire employment (a lot of HR people think that hiring the blind would be more expensive even when it's not) I find myself month the 75% of those who end up not working.

I had some skills once, but I have been out of the market too long and it's expensive as hell to go back to school.  Hell, at this point, I would take one of those H1-B positions just to have more income than I do now (3x as much, really).
-eric
Home office of the Technomage Guild