H1B Visa

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Dec 12 12:22:52 MST 2016

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 09:32:39 -0700
Keith Smith <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:

> I agree with Lyle.  Why not just set the minimum wage to $25/hr and
> pass a law that everything must not go up in price.  Oh and pass a
> law that every business must hire more folks.  That should fix things.

Come on Keith, you're smarter than that.

Nobody suggested anything remotely as high as a $25/hr minimum wage,
either in politics or on this list. Some people on this list suggested
that 1) Yes, there should continue to be a minimum wage, and some
implied that 2) Today's minimum wage is too low. But not $17.75/hr too
low.

Your mention of $25/hr misrepresents your opponents' position, so it's
a classic Straw Man informal falacy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

You wouldn't fall for that. Why would you assume others on the list
would?

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21