Request for presentation.

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Dec 12 09:28:44 MST 2016

Am 12. Dec, 2016 schwätzte Keith Smith so:

moin moin,

> Sounds like you are talking about getting paid to creating open source.  I'm
> thinking about how to creat a business doing programming, networking, O/S
> support, etc.

That's one of the nice things about Free Software: there's more than one
way to look at it :).

In this case, I asked if we wanted A or B and the answer was "yes", so now
I will try to find talks that address both. I know a few people who have
relevant experience and will reach out to them.

I will gladly take presentation referrals, so please let us know if you
know someone you think would be good.

ciao,

der.hans

> On 2016-12-11 20:58, Anon Anon wrote:
>> I'm not sure if any one would be willing to do it, but I'd really like
>> to see examples of how people turned free software into a business.
>> Consulting, education, or development?
>>
>> I know Bash was one of the few programs that GNU foundation ever paid
>> for, so it happens once in a blue moon. 😆
>>
>> Kind of like how RedHat sells support and not software. How does that
>> work out for us little guys or is there even a market?
>>
>> On Dec 11, 2016 8:56 PM, "der.hans" <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Am 11. Dec, 2016 schwätzte Anon Anon so:
>>>
>>> moin moin,
>>>
>>> do you mean use Free Software for the business processes of any
>>> business?
>>> For example, using ledger for the accounting?
>>>
>>> Or, do you mean, turn Free Software knowledge and skills into a
>>> business
>>> such as by doing some consulting?
>>>
>>> ciao,
>>>
>>> der.hans

>>> --
>>> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
>>> #  If it's not a toy you're looking at it wrong. -- der.hans

#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  <allbery_b> wouldn't that be "shopping is hard, let's do math"?