fetchmailrc syntax error

Brien Dieterle briend at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 22:31:48 MST 2016

Edit the hidden file in your home directory called .fetchmailrc and see
what's wrong with the syntax

This site has examples
https://www.linode.com/docs/email/clients/using-fetchmail-to-retrieve-email/

If you don't know why fetchmail is setup, and you don't have any issues
with your email, you could just rename the file.