Sec. 1706 of the Tax Code

James Dugger james.dugger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 14:02:55 MST 2016

If you have purchased a home in the last 25 years from a developer such as
Pulte, Fulton, K&B, etc.   You may have initially contracted with the
developer who is more than likely incorporated, however they don't directly
own the lot you are buying.  Most likely the subdivision or development lot
in is own by an LLC which is a consortium of the original land owners,
investors, and the developer's inc.  This is the way every new development
is handled and sold.  Half of the engineering firms I have worked for in 30
years though they are corporations are owned by investors through there
LLC's

It is way more likely that you are now dealing with LLC's whether you know
it or not.  I have seen corporations that will not hire someone's LLC as a
"contract employee".  But then again I don't try to use my LLC's as a
contract employee, If a firm wants to hire me they will hire my company not
me.  This has worked for me personally for more than 10 years. And other
firms I have worked with for more than 25 years.

Regarding companies that will not hire my LLC, my experience is that I
don't want to work with those firms anyway.  They are usually involved in
CM at Risk project and need to exploit there workforce to complete projects
due to chronic scope creep.  I will gladly give that to the H1-B nuts all
day long.  The real money is not in those projects anyway.

James

*Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/james-h-dugger/15/64b/74a/>*