Magento 2 performance tuning

James Dugger james.dugger at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:24:05 MST 2016

Assuming there are no issues with hardware, I would look into MySQL
settings such as max clients.  Not sure what is optimum for Magento (memory
requirement per process).  But Apache will keep forking processes until it
either hits the max client limit or until it runs out of RAM.  After that
it will start thrashing the disks.

Like all big CMSes Magento relies heavily on cache for performance.  What
kinds of cache is in use (other than MySQL)?  Optimally you want to be
caching at every layer not just MySQL.  Turn on OpCode cache in php to
cache previously parsed php code. Then look into turning on or installing
an object cache layer for MySQL queries.  Here you could  implement APCu,
Redis, or Memecache (or APC if pre php 5.5).

For even faster results add Varnish in from of the CMS to cache whole pages
statically.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Keith Smith <techlists at phpcoderusa.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing performance issues with a Magento 2 install.  The app is
> sluggish however the server does not appear to be under any real load.
>
> Magento 2
>
> Hardware server with 2 RAID1 SSD's.  One SSD pair is for Magento and the
> other is for the DB.
>
> The server has 2 CPU's with 4 cores each.  And there is 16G of RAM.
>
> Load is around .56 and will go up to 1 once in a great while, like when I
> list out 500 orders.
>
> Apache is configured as FPM (FastCGI?).
>
> PHP memory_limit = 2048M  (this seems like a lot, however I am reading
> Magento wants a lot of memory)
>
> MySql is set at 12G cache
>
> Any thoughts are much appreciated.
>
> Keith