Moving vm from one pool to another

Nathan-plug plug at trustmeitslegit.com
Thu Dec 1 13:58:44 MST 2016

Hi all,

I am using kvm and have ran into an issue I have on KVM host that is in
desperate need of some TLC and I would like to migrate the VMs to
another host.  The problem I ran into is that I set up an NFS mount on
both KVM1 and KVM2 hosts (as instructed by every site I have come across
on the subject) however, the pools that actually contain the running
guest machines are different on both hosts and no image is currently
sitting in the NFS shared pool.  If I understand it correctly, in order
to migrate a running vm from one host to the next the vm must be in the
NFS share so if that is the case, I need to know if there is a way to
move a live guest from the local pool to the NFS pool?

Nathan