Linux Mint 17 updates fail ...

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:28:55 MST 2016

So in this case if i recall google has a deb that installs a repo and link
for chrome, that is then dynamically updated within itself etc. I would
look for that pkg and yank it, then get a fresh one from google. also scan
through for any google repos. looks like the hash is outdated or cert is
expired.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:30 AM, <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> Still can't get Linux Mint updates to work.
> Below are some of the errors that I see.
>
> What can I do to get the updates to work?
>
> -----------------
>
> There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
> 1397BC53640DB551GPG error: http://dl.google.com stable Release: The
> following signatures were invalid: BADSIG A040830F7FAC5991 Google, Inc.
> Linux Package Signing Key <linux-packages-keymaster at google.com>GPG error:
> http://packages.linuxmint.com maya Release: The following signatures were
> invalid: BADSIG 3EE67F3D0FF405B2 Clement Lefebvre (Linux Mint Package
> Repository v1) <root at linuxmint.com>GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net
> precise Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG
> 8771ADB0816950D8 Launchpad HandBrake SnapshotsGPG error:
> http://archive.canonical.com precise Release: The following signatures
> were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing
> Key <ftpmaster at ubuntu.com>GPG error: http://archive.canonical.com precise
> Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5
> Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster at ubuntu.com>Failed to
> fetch http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/dists/stable/Release  Unable
> to find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release file (Wrong
> sources.list entry or malformed file)
> Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones
> used instead.
>
> E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
> E: Problem with MergeList
> /var/lib/apt/lists/dl.google.com_linux_chrome_deb_dists_
> stable_main_binary-i386_Packages
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
> E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
>
> ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR
> E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, E:Problem with MergeList
> /var/lib/apt/lists/dl.google.com_linux_chrome_deb_dists_
> stable_main_binary-i386_Packages,
> E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Stephen