Linux Mint 17 updates fail ...

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Dec 1 00:30:34 MST 2016

Still can't get Linux Mint updates to work.
Below are some of the errors that I see.

What can I do to get the updates to work?

-----------------

There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
1397BC53640DB551GPG error: http://dl.google.com stable Release: The
following signatures were invalid: BADSIG A040830F7FAC5991 Google, Inc.
Linux Package Signing Key <linux-packages-keymaster at google.com>GPG error:
http://packages.linuxmint.com maya Release: The following signatures were
invalid: BADSIG 3EE67F3D0FF405B2 Clement Lefebvre (Linux Mint Package
Repository v1) <root at linuxmint.com>GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net
precise Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG
8771ADB0816950D8 Launchpad HandBrake SnapshotsGPG error:
http://archive.canonical.com precise Release: The following signatures
were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing
Key <ftpmaster at ubuntu.com>GPG error: http://archive.canonical.com precise
Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5
Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster at ubuntu.com>Failed to
fetch http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/dists/stable/Release  Unable
to find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release file (Wrong
sources.list entry or malformed file)
Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.

E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/dl.google.com_linux_chrome_deb_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR