MacBook

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Aug 24 20:49:48 MST 2016

I found quicken to be pretty lame for the minute I tried it with a
former accountant, and found it really didn't do anything I couldn't get
in Xero accounting suite, a web-based product.  Far better integration
as well with other apps like expensify and freshbooks.

I ended up with both Xero and Freshbooks as both have ups and downs,
where freshbooks is awesome for invoicing, accounting, creates customer
portals automatically to view work history, bills received/paid, etc,
Xero is better at general ledger management and methodology.  Quicken
seemed more like the old slug GM-like company product that is too big to
fail (doing everyone a favor), as using even the enterprise version I
wanted to stab myself in the eye.  There was nothing I missed from
Quicken, and a whole lot more to love with others.

I've operated as a consultant in dozens of orgs across the years with
linux, and I never found anything that couldn't be accomplished in linux
really, minus a good visio replacement.  The only problem is when they
just use garbage like lync and quicken is that is a vendor lock-in to
micro$oft anyways.

Solution: Replace them.  I did, it is possible.

-mb