hugin

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Fri Aug 19 08:46:12 MST 2016

Double check that you do indeed have control points between every single
image.  It sounds like you might have a single image that isn't
connected in any way, or maybe only partially connected and when it
stitches it end up placed on top of all your other images.  The preview
is just an OpenGL preview of what you can expect to get but it works
differently than the final stitch so you can often times get different
results if your control points aren't all perfect.

You can check your layout tab in the fast panorama preview (the GL
preview button) and play with the scale.  The layout tab will quickly
show you how your images are connected together and how well.  If you
have any images that are just floating out there with no lines then
that's your culprit.  You will also want to look for images with very
thin lines going between the images. Thin lines represent weak
connections and you will need to increase the number of control points
between your images.

There is also a high probability, since you said you hand held the
camera when you took the pictures that even though you picked matching
spots in the image that there is no way for the program to warp the
images  correctly due to parallax distortion.  If your images are of the
inside of a room, that's almost certainly the case.

Finding the no parallax point:

http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm

You will have to get one of these and it will have to be precisely setup
correctly for your camera if you are going to take pictures indoors.
There is just no other way to do it:

https://www.amazon.com/SUNWAYFOTO-Panoramic-Horizontal-Vertical-Sunway/dp/B00RYNDMOC/ref=sr_1_11

https://www.amazon.com/DSLRKIT-Panoramic-Indexing-Rotator-Bracket/dp/B00PN8DY7K/ref=sr_1_14

https://www.amazon.com/FOTOMATE-degree-Panoramic-Bracket-Cameras/dp/B00PQH4OY0/ref=sr_1_32

There are a lot more out there, but these 3 are some of the most
affordable ones.  I've got 2 of them; one made by Manfrotto that cost a
lot of money and is built like a tank and I think it might weigh as much
as a tank as well.  I've also got a Nodal Ninja that I really like that
weighs a lot less, which is why I got it, and does an equally good job
for a fraction of the money.

Brian Cluff