Movie editing:

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Wed Aug 17 13:14:12 MST 2016

I'll second that recommendation. Openshot is easy to use for basic
editing where you are assembling video clips together and should be more
than enough for your purposes.
Kdenlive on the other hand is a very powerful editor with very good
compositing effect, but with it a steeper learning curve.  If you find
that Openshot isn't doing enough for you then check out kdenlive.

Brian Cluff