... and fingerprint authentication has problems too

Matt Birkholz matt at birchwood-abbey.net
Tue Aug 2 15:00:05 MST 2016

> From: Stephen Partington <cryptworks at gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 06:01:08 -0700
>
> Point being. Passphrase should be combined with biometric.

How about one big pronounceable?  I've found even large ones (16
letters) surprisingly easy to remember, so I use several.  I get them
from gpw(1).  Unfortunately the manpage does not say how many bits of
entropy are in each trigraph.

Aren't They getting search warrants before using fake fingertips?
They will kick in your door and kill your dog if they can get a
warrant.  Using a fake fingertip seems downright civil compared to
THAT.