youth activities for SCaLE

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Aug 1 23:46:38 MST 2016

Am 29. Jul, 2016 schwätzte Victor Odhner so:

moin moin Victor,

> Oops. Downtown Pasadena? You didn’t mention that part. You mentioned
> ASU which implies a local event. What am I missing?

I mentioned SCaLE. Since many of us attend every year, I presumed everyone
knows what it is. I should not have made that presumption. Sorry.

While my original post is about the Free Software conference in LA that
doesn't preclude PLUG from hosting activities here :).

> Jupiter should be back around by next March, and it will show through
> anything. But it won’t be rising till well into the evening, in early
> March, so the moon (first quarter) would be the only bright thing. Of
> course my 8-incher is pretty good at showing stars you can’t see with
> naked eye.

Hmm, maybe we should schedule another space night, then follow it up with
some space viewing activities, possibly on a different night.

Maybe Schuyler can teach us how to listen to the background radiation :).

> Offer stands for local astronomy sessions. And yes, there is a local
> group that does that.

Cool on both counts.

ciao,

der.hans

--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  Data restorals via Freedom of Information Act requests.