system update failure ???

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Apr 28 23:49:39 MST 2016

Linux Mint system prompted me to update and when I tried
to do so, I got the error message shown below. Tried it
several times and still get the same problem result.

So the system icon on the start line shows a red "X"
indicating problems.

What's up with this and how can I fix it?

There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
1397BC53640DB551Failed to fetch
http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/dists/stable/Release  Unable to
find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release file (Wrong
sources.list entry or malformed file)
Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.