To Tux or not to Tux (VM's)

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Apr 20 10:44:14 MST 2016

I've not seen this issue with it, and I've had to have windoze enumerate
some pretty extensive directories of files being forced to work with
various data for a customer last year for several months, or even just
my music directory.  It's not uncommon I'm editing files between windoze
in a conference with notepad++, then refresh the file in gedit/kate on
the linux side, edit some more there, and back to win.  Both behave
great in things like this, which I thought might freak it out.

USB with xhci was a problem I do remember now under vbox/linux. If you
have usb3 devices, it might be a bit suspect, but using them on a 2.0
port works fine - something with the xhci devices just seem to suck as
they've always had issues under linux with their firmware.

-mb