To Tux or not to Tux

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Tue Apr 19 18:24:22 MST 2016

Correct, but you have to ask yourself, do you really need updates for a
box that even if it gets infected can't hold onto an infection between
loads of the VM.

That being said, getting something like cryptolocker would really suck,
so you might want to come up with a procedure so that the machine gets
updated periodically but goes right back to being locked down, but if
he's only using the system for strictly the bare minimum, the likelihood
of getting an infection is slim to none.

Brian Cluff