WANTED: presentation on systemd for upcoming PLUG meeting

Todd Millecam tyggna at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:45:17 MST 2016

Alright, to clarify:  I am, in no way, interested in any kind of flamewar.
The only opinion I offer is that if you have 5MB of ram to spare at boot
time and a multi-core processor, systemd is an excellent utility. It's also
likely to have a successor in the next 10 years.

My presentation is for those who are interested in learning about systemd.

This presentation is for people who:
 1) Are worried about migrating from init to systemd
 2) Need to work with systemd professionally
 3) Want to make their own services in systemd
 4) Are curious about systemd's features
 5) Need to know how to use systemd to debug OS and service level problems.

This presentation might be helpful for people who:
 1) Know little or nothing about the boot process in general
 2) Know little or nothing about PID 1 or what it does.
 3) Know little or nothing about services or service management in Linux
 4) Are new to Linux (because I rehearse them on my non-technical wife)

This presentation is not for anyone who wants to argue over why PID 1
competitor X is better than systemd.  I don't care.  Leave it at the door.

--
Todd Millecam