EFF: 9th circuit rules in favor of fair use

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Sep 14 21:11:43 MST 2015

moin moin,

###
Join EFF and fight censorship online. In 2007, Stephanie Lenz asked EFF
for help responding to a baseless takedown of her video of her dancing
toddler sent by Universal Music Corp. Prince’s “Let’s Go Crazy" plays on a
stereo in the background of the short clip. We filed a lawsuit on her
behalf to hold Universal accountable. After many briefs and motions filed,
we're proud to announce an important win: the United States Court of
Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled that copyright holders like Universal
must consider fair use before trying to remove content from the Internet.
The ruling sends a strong message that copyright law does not authorize
censorship of lawful speech.

EFF members make it possible to defend users' rights, fight giants, and
win. Support free speech and join EFF today!
###

https://supporters.eff.org/donate/fair-use-has-a-posse

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "You go to Afghanistan and you swallow enough dust that you'll pass an