VPS 1 core vs 2 cores

Kevin Fries kevin at fries-biro.com
Tue Sep 8 13:26:14 MST 2015

1 core, 2 cores, 2GB RAM, 4GB RAM, the question is only relevant if you
have no expandability.  Select your software, take its recommendation, and
probably a little more, then make sure you can grow as needed.

Here is an example.

Let's say you go to AWS, get a server that is large enough to handle
Magento.  Your up, and in business.  Now, business is good.  Get another
instance and split off your database.  Business continues to grow, and you
need a bigger Megento instance.  No problem, snapshot your store, build a
bigger instance, move your elastic IP, and retire your old one.

As long as you have the ability to grow, just worry about getting something
that gets you in the game.

Kevin