systemd [NOT?] (was Re: Void Linux tips)

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:55:56 MST 2015

I agree with Gilbert,

Coming from centos 6 to 7, at first I was whoa, but after seeing how fast
it booted I loved it.
Centos 6 started every thing sequentially, you had to wait one by one.
With systemd you tell your programs what to wait for, once that thing is
started everything that was waiting for it gets started in parallel. My
boots went from minutes to seconds always under a minute.

As for chrony and firewalld I went back to NTP because my system is always
on, and iptables because I use QoS  on my network connection