RHEL 8

Phil Waclawski phil.waclawski at mesacc.edu
Tue Oct 13 18:14:46 MST 2015

Yes, and the UNITY thing on Ubuntu also beat windows 8 to the punch.  That
was when I switched to Kubuntu.  I've had a student testing kubuntu 15 and
it looks like the customizations I normally do to KDE have been disabled
(or hidden) in KDE 5....may start looking at Mint or something else.
I wish these UI/UX folks would realize that removing choices drives people
away. I don't care if you use defaults that I don't like, that's OK. The
average user may like those defaults better, again, I'm fine with that. But
don't remove my ability to alter the desktop the way that works best for my
workflow.

Phil W