Verizon

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Mon Nov 30 00:24:31 MST 2015

Anything to do with Sprint scares me - they were absolutely horrid to
use.  That is odd, using sprint AND tmo sprint since it is cdma and tmo
is gsm.  Unless just staying on LTE or something that doesn't suck like
the PCS spectrum...  or just a backup plan to switch to gsm when (not
if) sprint is unavailable.

I'll need to look into Fi some, either way hybrid cell/wifi roaming is
something of an emerging market opportunity being moved toward.  I was
looking at some cisco products that do that for fast roaming (ie. voice
quality) between cell to wifi handoff, mostly for this purpose.  I was
wondering why one of the local providers was putting in the appliances
to deal with the auth end of that, but when you're talking fast roaming
between providers, cell, and wifi, it gets... interesting, thus
solutions are born for apparently things like the Project Fi service.

-mb