MySQL vs SQLite For Production Website?

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Thu May 28 03:17:55 MST 2015

It really is a matter of preference most of the time, but there are still some situations where one or the other has a significant advantage.

As one example:
PostgreSQL (and it's forks) has some high availability clustering support that isn't available currently for MySQL (and it's forks).
MySQL has some sharding support that isn't yet matched in the Postgres world.

There are certainly other areas where one or the other has a distinct advantage that cannot be cleanly matched, but it's not something I've spent a lot of time on.