Looking for LiveCD that comes up with ssh running

Douglas Jerome douglas at ttylinux.org
Wed May 27 18:18:03 MST 2015

On 05/27/15 13:40, Mark Phillips wrote:
> I have a laptop with a broken screen. I tried connecting an external
> monitor, but that did not work. Not sure how much is dead...maybe the
> keyboard as well? I was thinking I could still use it as a headless
> server, but I can't get into it to work on it. I am looking for a Linux
> LiveCD that comes up with SSH running so I can login as root and see
> what is going on. The screen is dead, so I can't really type anything to
> enable ssh or set a password. I Googled for such a beast, but didn't
> find anything. Any ideas?

How do you expect this to work without a 2nd computer?

Do you mean to boot the broken system from a live
Linux CD? And then SSH to it from a different computer?

One of the PC variants from http://ttylinux.net/ might
help. You'll probably need some setup to get the IP
address from it, but it could boot you could log in via SSH
and mount your hard drive ...

--
Douglas Jerome