OT: GoDaddy Isn’t the Company You Think It Is (article title)

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Wed May 27 07:38:58 MST 2015

I can tell you that in 2004 Godaddy was a rough place to work.  The
company culture was the worst of any I have worked in.  I would
characterize Godaddy as predatory. Obviously this move is market driven
not coming from Bob Parsons.  If this was of Parson's principles he
would have built a different company early on.  It's all fluff intended
to increase market share.  That stain is going to be hard to remove.

When asked about that first Super Bowl ad, I told my manager that I
thought the company could represent itself better. That response almost
got me fired.

In all fairness I would say most companies are all about self.  Look at
Wells Fargo in California.

On the positive side, I learned a lot during that year at GoDaddy.
Skills I use to this day.

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/godaddy-isnt-company-think/?mbid=nl_052615

--
Keith Smith