OT: Is it just me or is Firefox slowing worse?

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sat May 23 18:44:40 MST 2015

I don't notice firefox any slower than chromium, at least not until
using chromes at the same time cause it and my system itself to come to
a halt or implodes.

I've simply had to start using firefox, chrome/chromium literally
destroy my system now using it to the point it'll about destabilize my
system within a day.  Plus, I'm finding more and more sites simply
(again) don't work with chrome that forces me to use firefox that does.
It's like some resurgence of asp.net sites, or otherwise shitty web code
chrome simply doesn't tolerate.

Sadly use of chrome is beginning to make ubuntu almost unusable for me,
for no lack of trying, I cannot figure out why.  Chrome and chromium
continue to chew up some apparently indescribable limit I'm hitting that
nothing logs or errors to the point I can't even wake it up after dpms
shuts off my display, without them I'm fine, hard killing all chrome
pids helps, but eventually once launching it, it's a countdown to
destruction.  I'm about rebooting my system every few days, starting to
feel like windows 98 again.

I really start to wonder what I'm doing wrong that no one else is doing,
aside from apparently actually using linux to it's capabilities as a
desktop, and well beyond.

-mb