Is SSL protocal bouncing potential customers?

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Thu Mar 26 15:09:54 MST 2015

Hi,

I'm stuck and am looking for a little help.

I have completed a PCI scan for one of the servers I support.  It
complained about a couple things.  One was the need to use more
restrictive SSL protocols.  With some help from the data center I was
able to update the SSLProtocol and the SSLCipherSuite so the server
would pass the scan.

I am now hearing from customer service that they are receiving some
complaints that some cannot reach the website.  I've asked customer
service to ask a couple questions so I can understand better what is
taking place.  I assume the issue is older browsers.

At this point what I am being told is Macs with Safari and Firefox (no
version info).  Apparently the message they see is "this page cannot be
displayed".

I took a look at the httpd access and error logs and nothing jumps out
at me.  The server is running CentOS 6.6.

Is there other things I can look at or do to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you very much!!

Keith