/proc/meminfo

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Mar 19 11:08:27 MST 2015

I've never heard of RAM vendors using Mebibytes instead of Megabytes.
It doesn't really make any sense.  Vendors use Mebibytes to make they
storage sound like it's just a little bit bigger than the competition
and ram sizes are still small enough that it would sound weird if
someone were to advertise a laptop with weird decimal sizes on the ram.

Brian Cluff