openelec

Rusty Ramser rusty_ramser at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 14 07:38:46 MST 2015

Hi, Mike.

I don’t run OpenELEC, but most people seem to think that 4 GB should be the minimum size SD card used.  (Just like Raspbmc.)

The bs=4M tells the dd utility the block size to use when writing.  This is basically telling dd to read and write in 4 MB chunks of data, rather than its default of 512 bytes.  For modern hardware, increasing the read/write block size will significantly speed up the operation of dd.

Cheers.