kodi-standalone on the pi

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:06:30 MST 2015

well, I got Kodi (aka XBMC) going on my pi and almost everything is
good. The first issue was the keyboard and it seems that is fixed. The
issue I am having now is that when I start Kodi from the menu when I
exit the program the screen goes black and that is all that happens. I
found a solution to that but need to type in 'kodi-standalone' to
start it. No problem, I'll just create my own starter icon on the
desktop. So I create a document in which I place:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/kodi-standalone

and the first time I run it it works as expected. However, the second
time I run it it either restarts Kodi or gives me the
black-screen-of-death.
Any ideas as to what is wrong?
--