append with eof

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:51:01 MST 2015

do you think this would have the desired effect?

sudo cat >> /etc/apt/apt.conf  << eof
Acquire::Queue-Mode "host";
eof

sudo cat >> /etc/sysctl.conf << eof
#
# Reduce the swap tendency
vm.swappiness = 10
eof

sudo cat >> /etc/apache2/apache2.conf << eof
Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf
eof

sudo cat >> /etc/fstab << eof
/media/bmike1/entertainment/Pictures /home/bmike1/Pictures none bind 0 0
eof

would the single line appendages just need the blank line?