Scripting question ...

coverturtle coverturtle at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:03:23 MST 2015

Try looking at

man updatedb.conf

because you can configure updatedb, used by locate,
to exclude specific files and/or directories.

Or you can generate your own list of files
by using the find command.   With a good editor you can
just remove the files you don't want scanned and do this:

cat mylistoffiles | fgrep   ....

Many ways to solve this problem.  YMMV depending on
the problem specifics and the solution chosen.