BASH scripting

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Mon Mar 2 19:27:03 MST 2015

You can also use let, which may make more sense
     let "myVar=$myVar+1"
 As for floating point you need something like bc to handle that
     myVar=5.4
     myOtherVar=3.1
     myVar=$(echo "scale=2; ($myVar + 3.14) / $myOtherVar" | bc)
     echo $myVar
If ran the above would print 2.75